Since your HVAC system is working almost all year round, you probably assume it’s designed to deliver safe heating and cooling forever and ever, right? Well, it certainly is not meant to be a dangerous machine, and if you’re taking good care of it, there shouldn’t be any cause for concern.
Unfortunately, no machine is perfect. Occasionally a problem will surface and some problems can be extremely dangerous to your health and wellbeing. That’s why you need a trustworthy HVAC company in Ambler who can tell you what to be on the lookout for.
Safety Tips from Your Go-To Ambler HVAC Company
Kinkaid is the Ambler HVAC company that wants to help you stay safe and keep you loving your HVAC system throughout its lifespan. That’s why we’ve come up with a list of danger signs, so you can tell when your HVAC system is not functioning properly:
- Burning Smell – A little bit of burning needs to happen in your furnace to make sure you home isn’t an ice box during the winter, but if you smell the burn, that’s no good. Sometimes, when you first turn your heater on in the winter, you’ll smell a little burning, but if it lasts more than 24 hours get professional help!
- Electrical Smell – If you smell something overheating, yet everything around the house seems to be safe, then you probably have an HVAC problem. This could be a motor issue or a case of bad wiring. It can lead to a fire, so take action as soon as you smell it!
- A Rotten Egg Smell – It’s one of the nastiest smells known to man, so it’s hard to miss! If the eggs in your fridge are good but it still smells rotten, you may have a natural gas leak. The leak can cause explosion, so call the gas company immediately and stay out of the house until it’s safe to re-enter.
- Moldy Smell – You know your house is spic and span, yet it still smells like it needs a good scrub. That means you might have a mold problem. Moisture from your air conditioning can build up in your vents and cause mold. Yuck! Mold is dangerous to breathe, so call your reliable Ambler HVAC company to get it taken care of.
- Puddles – Using your nose isn’t the only way to tell if you’ve got an HVAC problem! If you see a puddle of water, that’s bad, too. Take a look at your system and keep an eye out for extra water or moisture.
Call Ambler’s Favorite HVAC Company Today!
Don’t let any of these signs go unnoticed — call the #1 HVAC Company in Ambler as soon as you think you need help. We offer a variety of service plans and can get your system in tip-top shape for a great price!