It’s still warm enough for air conditioning, but you might be starting to feel some cooler temperatures in the mornings and evenings. Early fall is a great time to adjust your air conditioning system and give it a little TLC before switching it off for the year. As a trusted Ambler air conditioning company, we have some easy energy-saving tips for getting the most out of your air conditioner and HVAC system this fall.
- Adjust your thermostat. Take a look at your thermostat settings and make temperature and timer adjustments with cool weather in mind. You might want to let the cooler weather do the legwork at night and in the early mornings instead of your A/C.
- Clean or replace your A/C filter. The average household should clean its A/C filter once or twice a month, and replace the filter every 60-90 days. Clean filters are more energy-efficient and improve air quality.
- Clean around the outdoor unit. Debris around the outdoor air conditioner unit can block airflow and make the system less efficient. Take a few minutes outside to clear away any sticks, grass clippings, pollen, and other remnants of summer from around the unit. This will make it easier to clear the area once the autumn leaves start dropping. It’s a good idea to make a note to yourself to clear fallen leaves regularly from the outdoor A/C unit.
- Reverse your ceiling fan blades. Pretty soon, you’ll be wishing your home were warmer instead of cooler. If possible, try reversing the direction of your ceiling fan blades. This will help circulate warm air instead of cool air, which will cut down on heating costs.
- Test out your heat. Avoid a heating emergency – be proactive by testing your heater before it gets really cold out. If it’s not running properly, you have plenty time to call an HVAC company like Kinkaid to identify and fix the problem.
- Stay on track with routine HVAC maintenance. It’s important to service and maintain your air conditioning and heating systems. At Kinkaid, our expert technicians provide full-service preventative maintenance to keep your systems in great working condition. Preventative maintenance helps avoid costly HVAC emergencies and ensures your comfort all year round.
We hope these tips help you stay cool now and warm later! If you’re interested in preventative maintenance for your HVAC system, take a look at our service plans and give us a call. Kinkaid is a trusted family company – we will always give you a prompt, friendly response!